ORGANICALLY BLESSED TO ENJOY A GLOWING SKIN
It is true that beauty goes beyond being skin deep, but in reality, the skin is one of the most visible expressions of beauty. Our skin, like any other part of our body needs to be kept healthy and nourished. Not only will healthy skin help you feel beautiful; clear and beautiful skin is one of the main elements of beauty
There are many natural, simple and easy to follow tricks for glowing skin as well as for cleansing and rejuvenating to improve the overall health and appearance of your skin.
Top 10 Natural Products for a Flawless Glowing Skin
The citric acid in lemon helps to keep the skin clear by removing dead cells. The vitamin C it contains also helps to remove dark sports as well as increasing the cell renewal process.
A great moisturizer with antibacterial properties that help fight infection. It also serves as a soothing healing agent
Contains lycopene (an antioxidant) that serve as an anti aging product as well as fight cellular damage. It also serves as a sunscreen agent
4: COCONUT/OLIVE OIL
Coconut oil retains moisture content of the skin, helps repair skin and gives it a healthy glow, protects skin from bacterial infections, softens skin and delays aging process. Olive oil contains strong antioxidants like Vitamin A and E. Helps renew and repair skin as well as stimulate cells, returning skin to firmer, smoother and healthier state.
Contains hydrating, nourishing, astringent properties and other elements that reduce melanin as well as promote skin fairness. It also serves as a cooling agent from itchiness or irritation of the skin.
6: MILK /YOGURT
Contains lactic acid which helps to soften, tone skin and add a beautiful glow. It is great for soothing and cooling sensitive and irritated skin. In addition it contains amino acid that helps keep skin moisturized.
Contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to soothe and nourish the skin, remove dead skin cells, reduce pores, relieve symptoms of aging and serves as a mild cleansing agent.
8: SUGAR (BROWN)
Exfoliate the skin O(works as a body polisher), clearing dry and dead skin cells. Also has anti-bacterial properties glycolic acid that keeps skin radiant and healthy
Contains lutein which makes skin elastic and hydrated. Repairs tissues, tightens skin and improves appearance of skin.
Turmeric is an excellent antiseptic and skin lightening agent that helps minimize scars and other marks. Used to make skin glow, feel fresh and invigorated. Cinnamon contains anti-bacterial properties that help purify and clear the skin. It also enhances complexion and fine lines on the skin.
Truth is God has blessed us with Mother Nature, we only need to be aware of how blessed we are and make the most of these blessings. There is so much in your kitchen that can transform your life and most importantly give you want is most desired – a healthy glowing skin.
While purchasing beauty products can save you a lot of time, making the most of what we have been blessed with will not only save you a lot of money but add daily to a healthier lifestyle.
Wouldn’t you rather make the most with Mother Nature?
Beauty Treats and Procedures For A Flawless Glowing Skin
“Clear, soft and supple skin is one of the greatest beauty assets and every woman deserves to have one” — Iwo Akinyoyenu
Since your skin care regimen and lifestyle habits are the primary predictors of your skin’s health, there’s plenty you can do on a day-to-day basis to ensure your skin always looks as good as possible.
Try out these recipes…
• Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice to 2 table spoons of brown sugar. Apply on face and neck and leave for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. You can add a few drops of coconut or olive oil for a moisturizing effect.
• Take 2-3 tablespoons of oatmeal, ½ tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 1-2 table spoons of milk. Mix all together and apply on face and gently massage like a scrub in circular motion. Leave for 15 mins, rinse with warm water and part dry or allow to air dry.
• Use pure coconut water and wipe your face with cotton balls soaked with pure coconut water. Great for normal to dry skin.
• Mix a few drops of lemon juice to one teaspoon of tomato juice. Soak in cotton bud and wipe face. Great for oily skin.
• Peel one cucumber, chop into bits and blend. Extract the juice using a piece of clean cloth. Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey, stir properly and apply to face with a cotton ball.
• Cut cucumber into thin slices or mash them thoroughly, apply all over face and overnight. Rinse off with warm water
• Massage a few drops of coconut or olive oil on the face and leave overnight.
• Wash one or two medium size tomato and peel off the skin. Blend or mash or pound thoroughly and extract the water content. Add flour (you can also use blended oats flour) and mix until it becomes a paste. Apply on face and leave for 5 mins and rinse off with warm water. If you have a dry skin, you can add some drops of olive or coconut oil.
• Add ½ teaspoon of honey to 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 2-5 drops of lemon juice. Apply on face and leave for 15 mins. Rinse off with warm water.
• Put a spoonful of honey on face, spread over entire face and let sit for 2 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
• Mix raw milk and lemon juice and add a bit of salt. Apply mixture on face allow sit for two mins and rinse off with warm water. This would open up the pores in your skin and cleanse out all debris.
• Mix some honey with your facial cream of choice and apply to your face every morning for a soft, moist and bright skin.
• Apply a few drops of coconut oil and massage into face in a circular motion. Allow to completely absorb before applying makeup. You can remove excess oil by using a tissue to dab on face.
• Rub tomato pulp on skin – face and neck, leave for 15 mins and rinse thoroughly with cold water. If you have sensitive skin, you can add a few drops of honey.
• Break one egg, separate the egg white from the yolk. Add one tablespoon of honey and mix with the egg white. Leave for 15 mins and rinse off with cold water.
• For pimples (also helps to clear out the scars), mix a little amount of of cinnamon powder with honey and apply it on your skin. Let it remain overnight, rinse off with warm water.
• To revive dull lifeless skin, put egg yolk in a bowl, add a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of plain yogurt.
• To reduce wrinkle mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 teaspoon of yogurt. Apply on face and leave for 10-15 mins. Rinse with warm water.
• For acne and blackheads, mix ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply evenly on face and allow to sit for 15 mins. Rinse off with water.
• For best results, toning and using of masks must be done on clean face.
• Facial masks should be used once a week
• Cleansing, toning and moisturizing can be done daily
• Toners can be kept in the refrigerator and used within 3 days to one week.
• Exfoliating should be done two (for normal to dry skin) to three (for oily skin) times a week.
• The best way to allow water dry on your skin is either by allowing it to air dry or using a special face towel to pat dry.
• Night treats can be done daily
• Results become visible between 14 – 30 days of consistent application.
Anyone at any phase of life can achieve a glowing skin. While it is great to desire one, it is even better to be committed to having one and every woman deserves to have beautiful glowing skin. A few changes here and there without breaking the bank will go several miles in helping you achieve a great flawless skin that you deserve.
ABOUT THE WRITER
Iwo Akinyoyenu is a US-Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant, a student of America University of Nero-Linguistic Programming (AUNLP), Africa’s first Blackberry weight loss challenge host, TV & Radio personality. As a fitness coach, lecturer, trainer, beauty consultant, makeup artist and mentor, she helps individuals and organizations at their best to exceed their goals.
She runs a wellness club – ‘e-ROBICS’ helping members not only lose weight but keep fit, stay healthy, have fun and network. She runs virtual programs on Blackberry tagged: “Fat Flush Challenge” & “iLoseWeightNow”. She is also the host of Fit, Fab & Alive, a radio program that inspires and empowers listeners to maintain and enjoy optimum health for peak performance and productivity.