- ADD COLOR TO THE MEAL! What else could be more beautiful than a meal served with the variety of colors from fruits & vegetable?! Dark green. Yellow. Orange. Red. It’s mouth-watering! It’s appetizing! It’s irresistible!
- RELATIVELY AFFORDABLE & AVAILABLE. Fruits & vegetables are relatively cheaper compared to other foodstuffs & products. Also, Nigeria is obviously blessed with them in varieties and abundance. So, why not?
- SLOW DOWN AGING. Fruits & vegetables provides essential vitamins & minerals important for keeping the body cells and tissues in good state thereby producing good health, (and making you look younger than you really are!)
- PREVENT & REDUCES THE RISK OF DISEASES. Fruits & vegetables have been scientifically proven to significantly reduce the risk of certain cancers, stroke, heart diseases, and disease involving the digestive system.
- GOOD FOR HYPERTENSION AND DIABETES. Scientific researches have shown that eating fruits and vegetables helps control the BP (blood pressure). People with diabetes have better blood sugar control if fruits and vegetables are correctly introduced in their meals. (Consult your doctor for details.)
- IMPORTANT FOR WEIGHT REDUCTION. Fruits & vegetables are low in calories, and hence reduce the total calories intake if major portions of daily meals are replaced with them. Many people have recorded remarkable weight loss when this is coupled with relevant exercises.
- KEEP THE EYE AND VISION IN GOOD SHAPE. Fruits & vegetable contain vitamins that are important in improving vision and preventing conditions that lead to loss of vision and blindness.
… And they are DELICIOUS! So, go get them!
NOTE: You can take fruits (and vegetables) before, during, or after any meal. Timing doesn’t matter!